The game will feature updated graphics, more intuitive inventory system, new enemies and weapons, and the cast of new (and returning) characters. The game's story will revolve around the Groom Lake incident mentioned in the previous game.
Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle is a third-person story-driven survival horror game prequel to the critically acclaimed Daymare: 1998.
Step into the shoes of special agent Dalila Reyes, a former government spy now in the service of a unit called H.A.D.E.S. (Hexacore Advanced Division for Extraction and Search), and get ready to enter the most advanced experimental research center in the United States of America.
A perfect mix of fierce and deadly enemies, hardcore action game mechanics, environmental puzzles, a chilling soundtrack, plenty of exploration and massive doses of concentrated horror wait for you in Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle.
No place is safe, especially when you’re being hunted by your nightmares.
- New characters and big comebacks – take part in the top secret "Sandcastle" mission as the game's main protagonist, Special Agent H.A.D.E.S. Dalila Reyes, and reconstruct the past of some of Daymare: 1998's most beloved characters.
- Lethal and terrifying enemies – fight, kill and dismember the new enemies that stand between you and the resolution of your mission, so frighteningly intelligent, aggressive and realistic in every detail.
- Revamped interface – the D.I.D. is back, though in a completely redesigned way. Manage your inventory, ammo and health items directly from the new game interface, which has never been so simple and intuitive.
- Eye to the Scanner – thanks to the innovative device installed on Reyes’s arm, you can analyze portions of the environment and reveal new puzzles to solve, pick up secret documents and detect hidden items!
- Environmental puzzles – the solution is often right in front of your eyes! Search for all the clues and overcome the environmental obstacles to obtain resources and collectibles.
- Are you sure it’s dead? – in Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle, prepare to confront the toughest and most aggressive enemies you have ever seen. Moreover, even if you’re sure you’ve killed one, you’ll find out it can come back in a completely new form and even deadlier than before!
- Breathtaking and immersive graphics, sound effects and soundtrack – thanks to the power of Unreal Engine 4, you will live the most terrifying of experiences!
- Back to the 90s… again! – if you loved the nostalgia of Daymare: 1998, in Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle will feel like you’re living and playing a typical action horror/film of the 90s. Expect to be transported back in time to many familiar references and a frightfully authentic atmosphere with a retro flavor.
- Freeze! – there will certainly be no shortage of guns, but prepare to equip one of the most innovative and powerful weapons ever created: the Frost Grip! WARNING: it may contain liquid nitrogen.
- Veteran or rookie – choose the most appropriate game difficulty based on your ability in combat and your experience with survival horror. Either way, it will be a serious challenge for the faint-hearted!
"1994. Following a disastrous accident that fatally involved numerous civilians in the surrounding areas, the most advanced experimental research facility on American soil ceased all communication with the outside world. Its internal security system has sealed off any way in and out of the secret base.
While public opinion and the media turn on the US President for his inability to provide an explanation for what happened, special agent Dalila Reyes and her squad mates from H.A.D.E.S – Hexacore Advanced Division for Extraction and Search – are clandestinely sent in by the Secretary of Defense with the order of infiltrating the facility on foot and recovering precious data about the covert, futuristic research performed there.
All of this is kept hidden from the highest levels of government, including POTUS himself. Just a few hours into what could turn into the biggest internal crisis in US history, the “Sandcastle” mission kicks off. Once inside the doors of the previous inaccessible building, Reyes will find herself in a fight for her life within an immense underground maze, now home to horrible and deadly creatures.
The H.A.D.E.S. agent is determined to pick up the pieces of the puzzle to a truth much larger than her, but an escalation of shocking events and revelations will cause her to question her closest teammates… and even herself. Because the horror doesn’t come from the present alone. Nightmares from the past will also become, step by step, increasingly real during her long descent to the source of a primordial evil. No place is safe anymore. Not even her own mind…"
Dalila Reyes is the protagonist and main playable character of Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle. Former spy during the 1990 Gulf Crisis’ “Desert Shield” and “Desert Sabre” operations, agent Reyes returned internally consumed by war and, mostly, by the nightmares of her past. Though extremely clever and trained to combat, she was dismissed by the U.S. Military Corps but just to be picked up by Major Radek for the H.A.D.E.S. unit. Reyes’ currently the team communications and electronics expert, as well as the pupil of the unit Major.
Major Ivan Radek is the leader of the H.A.D.E.S. unit, subjected to Commander Foster only. He follows orders with no care about consequences and doesn’t let any emotion shine through except when agent Reyes’s on his side.
Commander Mark C. Foster is the icon of the US Military Corps veteran who fought his entire life for his Country. Under the auspices of the Department of Defense, in 1981 he founded one of the most secret and obscure elite units ever recorded in history: the H.A.D.E.S. He’s often consulted as a strategist for the more delicate political-military operations involving the U.S. Government, but only for this time he decided to take part personally in the “Sandcastle” operation.